- This document is a sample template of the employee performance memo given by the manager of the company to any employee working under him or her. It states down the responsibilities of the employee and enumerates the expectations of the company regarding the performance of the employee. Employee Promotion Memo Template.
- Jun 27, 2018 Memos help you introduce the new boss while saying goodbye to the old one. Knowing who is in charge and what changes to expect helps the company keep employees and maintain morale. Memos also allow.
: Counseling Memorandum On November 20, 2009 you were assigned to serve as the trainer for the office’s annual customer service training, which was scheduled to be held on December 21, 2009. You did not schedule the training until prompted to do so, nor did you actively prepare for the training in advance of it.
Completed staff work is a principle of management which states that subordinates are responsible for submitting written recommendations to superiors in such a manner that the superior need do nothing further in the process than review the submitted document and indicate approval or disapproval.
In Completed Staff Work, the subordinate is responsible for identifying the problem or issue requiring decision by some higher authority. In written form such as a memorandum, the subordinate documents the research done, the facts gathered, and analysis made of alternative courses of action. The memo concludes with a specific recommendation for action by the superior.
The earliest description of the concept of Completed Staff Work appears in U.S. Army publications, although some sources indicate its origin to be a decade earlier from the Canadian Army. Since its early military origin, it has subsequently found favor in police management texts in the U.S.
James Webb, Director of the Bureau of the Budget (1946-1949), attributes the Doctrine of Completed Staff Work to President Harry S. Truman. However, a memo written and circulated by Briagadier General George A. Rehm, executive officer for the G-3, Operations section, attributes the policy to General MacArthur's headquarters in the Southwest Pacific Areas during World War II.
- ^U.S. Army (January 1953) Army Information Digest
- ^Municipal police administration by Institute for Training in Municipal Administration, 1961, Institute for Training in Municipal Administration, p.80-83
- ^Heclo, Hugh (Feb 20, 1980). 'Oral History Interview with the Truman White House, with James E. Webb [at 62]'. Harry S. Truman Library & Museum.
- ^George A. Rehm (28 September 2009). 'The Doctrine of Completed Staff Work'.