Try the best password manager for free! Generate strong passwords and store them in a secure vault. Now with enterprise SSO and adaptive MFA that integrates with your apps. Try the best password manager for free! Generate strong passwords and store them in a secure vault. Now with enterprise SSO and adaptive MFA that integrates with your apps. Further, LastPass offers offline access, which means that a user without an internet connection can still access a version of its encrypted vault (cached on their device from their last login) through the LastPass browser extension or mobile application. From your LastPass Vault, you can store passwords and logins, create online shopping profiles, generate strong passwords, track personal information in photo and audio notes, and more. All you have to do is remember your LastPass master password, and LastPass autofills web browser and app logins for you.You'll have to enable offline access to your LastPass account before you can use it without an internet connection.
- Yes, LastPass works offline, but you need to have accessed your account at least once before on the device you're currently using.
- Also, to get LastPass to work offline, you must enable the offline mode in your account settings before you attempt to view your Vault without WiFi or mobile data.
- LastPass's offline mode won't work for every plan tier, as LastPass Teams or individual Enterprise and Identity accounts may have limited to no offline access.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
When you log into your LastPass account on your computer or mobile phone, you're creating a cached version of your saved data to your local device. For those who have enabled offline access, that means you can access everything in your Vault even if you aren't connected to WiFi or your mobile data.
Once activated, you can log into your account from the device you're using and have full access to any saved vault data, whether you're using the LastPass web browser extension, desktop site, or mobile app.
Here's how you can access your LastPass saved passwords, digital wallet, and more without an internet connection.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to enable offline access to your LastPass account
1. Visit LastPass.com and log in to your account with your username and Master Password. If you have the browser extension, click the LastPass icon in your toolbar before selecting 'Open My Vault.'
You can find your LastPass extension to the right of the URL bar with your other visible browser extensions.
2. Select 'Account Settings' located inside the left sidebar.
To enable offline LastPass access, click the 'Account Settings' button in the lower part of the navigation bar.
3. Toggle over to the 'Multifactor Options' tab.
You can find the 'Multifactor Options' tab between 'General' and 'Trusted Devices' tab during the offline access enabling process for LastPass.
4. Click the edit icon, represented by a pencil, next to your desired multifactor option and select 'Yes' from the dropdown.
5. Select 'Allow' for the 'Permit Offline Access' dropdown menu.
Switching to 'Allow' will store your encrypted Vault locally, allowing you to log in without using Multifactor Authentication.
6. Set up and configure any other fields for your authenticator if applicable before clicking 'Update.'
7. Enter your master password and click 'Continue.'
My Lastpass Vault
To finalise setting up your LastPass to work offline, your password window will pop up to confirm your choice.
Lastpass Offline Vault App
Related coverage from Tech Reference: