How do I use the LastPass for Windows Desktop application?
Download this app from Microsoft Store for Windows 10, Windows 8.1. See screenshots, read the latest customer reviews, and compare ratings for LastPass for Windows Desktop. LastPass monitors third party data breaches in one place, keeping you informed and secure. Secure Digital Wallet Secure and simplify online shopping by storing your payment information in a digital wallet. Open the LastPass for Windows Desktop application and log in with your LastPass email and Master Password. Select Applications in the left navigation. Hover over the application, then click Launch. Click within the username field of your application, then hold CTRL + ALT + F on your keyboard.
Once you have signed in to the LastPass for Windows Desktop application, you can use various features and tools, as well as access your Vault.
Use Application Autofill
Once you have added your application, you can use Application Autofill by doing the following:
- Open the LastPass for Windows Desktop application and log in with your LastPass email and Master Password.
- Select Applications in the left navigation.
- Hover over the application, then click Launch.
- Click within the username field of your application, then hold CTRL + ALT + F on your keyboard.
- Your username and password will be automatically filled in (as well as any other fields and parameters you configured) and log you in to the application.Note: If you have more than one set of credentials for the application, a drop-down menu will display so you can select the credentials you want to use.
Use the Vault
You can use various features and tools within the Vault, including a Search field to filter sites/passwords, secure notes, form fill items, and applications.
- Click All Items or select an item type in the left navigation, then click the Add icon in the lower-right navigation to create a new password, note, form fill item, or application
- Click the user account drop-down menu in the top toolbar and select Settings to manage the following:
- Log out after idle and time selection (enabled for 15 minutes by default)
- Set pin code to require a 4-digit pin code to access
- Save a disabled One Time Password locally for Account Recovery (enabled by default)
- Click the user account drop-down menu and select Logout to sign out of your account
Use the item action menu
Hover over your desired item, then you can choose from the following options:
- Launch to open your site or application.
- Edit icon to make changes to your site, secure note, or form fill item.
- Delete icon to delete your item.
- Copy Username icon to copy your site or application's username to your clipboard.
- Copy Password icon to copy your site or application's password to your clipboard.
Lastpass Desktop App DownloadRelated Articles
Lastpass Desktop App Windows
- How do I install and log in to the LastPass for Windows Desktop application?
- How do I add and delete items in the LastPass for Windows Desktop application?
- How do I troubleshoot the LastPass Windows for Desktop application?