I have been trying to get Miracast screen share to work between my laptop and LG TV without success. I am using Lenovo T470 lapto that uses Intel dual band AC-8620 wifi card. In order to fix the issue, I have updated the drivers and reinstalled Windows 10. My laptop can see the TV but can not connect. All I can say is, whatever wireless tech wins this and does it right, will get ALOT of my money, since I have 2 offices and a living room and 4 laptops to setup, and a few class rooms.
There are occasions where you find it necessary to connect your Lenovo laptop to a TV. Whether you like to watch a movie on your HD or 3D television, or want to show a multimedia presentation to a group of people, you might have to connect your laptop for that purpose. Although Lenovo laptops have crystal clear LCD display, the delight of watching a movie on a 50” flat screen HD television is not comparable to it. Moreover, a TV can serve as a multimedia projector when connected to a laptop and you can exhibit any sort of presentation on big screen.
- How to Troubleshoot a Dell Axim X30
- How to Install a Ram in Laptop
First of all, you have to examine that whether your television has HDMI input jacket or not. Modern day televisions have this jacket in them by default and it is extremely easy to connect them to Lenovo laptops which also have a build in HDMI port. However, if your television does not have this jacket within it, other adapters and cables are to be used to connect it to your Lenovo.
Turn on your HDMI-enabled television and also your Lenovo laptop. Take the HDMI cable and affix its one end to the port present in the Lenovo laptop and the other end to the one present in your TV. Lenovo’s all IdeaPad series laptops have these ports within them and you can find it easily at the back of them.
If your Lenovo laptop does not have this HDMI port (ThinkPad series laptops of Lenovo does not support this port), then you have to arrange for a USB-to-HDMI adapter. You will plug the USB to your Lenovo laptop and the HDMI cable coming out of the adapter to your television.
Once the adapter is connected and the HDMI connection is made, all you need to do is to press FN and F7 buttons on your laptop’s keyboard. It will automatically switch your laptop’s display to the television and you can easily use it as a monitor. Use your Lenovo’s DVD drive to watch movies on your television.
If your television doesn’t support the HDMI cable, take a S-video cable and attach its ends to the television and Lenovo laptop while they are still turned off.
Also plug the audio cables to your TV and Laptop. Turn on both appliances simultaneously.
When your laptop boots up, right click on the desktop and select ‘Properties’ options.
You will see ‘Settings’ tab there. Click it and then hit the ‘Advanced’ tab.
Click on the ‘ATI Displays’ or ‘Display Device’ options appearing in the advanced settings.
Select ‘TV’ or ‘LCD’ options appearing there and then click ‘Apply’. A confirmation window will prompt and you have to click ‘Yes’ to conclude the process.
If your display doesn’t appear on the TV screen, press FN and F7 button, which will display the external screen.
- How to Protect Computers from Power Failures
- How to Install Active Directory
- How to Install Terminal Services on Windows Server 2003
- How to Connect a Monitor to Your Laptop
Let’s face it. Sometimes your laptop screen just isn’t big enough for everything you want to do. Then, you look over at your lonely 55 inch Smart TV longing to be used and wonder if there’s a way to connect the two. Yes, there is!
Every day, Asurion Experts help our 300 million customers (and counting!) get the most out of their tech, including their Smart TVs. In this guide, we’re sharing all you need to know to help you connect your laptop to your TV, whether you want to swap your small screen for a big screen for viewing movies, or to use your TV as a monitor while working from home, or you just want a bigger screen to see your friends’ faces over video chat.
How to connect your laptop to your TV via HDMI
One of the most reliable (and one of the easiest) ways to connect your TV and laptop is with an HDMI cable. An HDMI cable transmits video and audio signals between two devices.
HDMI cables are the same on both ends, so it doesn’t matter which one goes into the TV or the laptop.
To connect laptop to TV with an HDMI cable:
- Plug one end of the HDMI cable into your HDMI input on your laptop.
- Plug the other end of the cable into one of the HDMI inputs on your TV.
- Using the remote control, select the input that corresponds to where you plugged in the cable (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3, etc.).
A wired connection between your laptop and TV ensures better picture quality and shorter lag time.
How To Connect Lenovo Laptop To Lg Tv
How to connect your laptop to your Smart TV wirelessly
How To Connect Lenovo Laptop To Lg Smart Tv Wireless
Depending on the type of computer you have, you may be able to ditch the cables and connect wirelessly.
To connect your PC laptop to your Smart TV:
- Open the action center in the lower right corner of the screen. (It looks like a chat bubble.)
- From the dashboard, select Connect.
- At the bottom right, click Projecting to the PC.
- From the Settings page, select either Available everywhere on secure networks or Available everywhere.
- Under “Ask to project this PC” choose either First time only or every time, based on your personal preference. You can also decide if you want to require a PIN.
- Your PC will alert you that your TV wants to connect, click Yes.
- Once it connects, your PC will launch the Windows connect app.
To connect your Apple laptop to your Smart TV:
If you have a compatible Smart TV, you can easily connect your laptop to it through AirPlay. Compatible devices include Apple TV or AirPlay 2-enabled Smart TVs (i.e. TV’s from 2019 or later from Samsung, LG or Vizio). AirPlay allows you to stream videos or mirror the display on your device’s screen on your TV.
Here’s how to connect your laptop to your TV using AirPlay:
- Make sure your laptop and Apple TV or AirPlay 2-enabled Smart TV are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your laptop, open the app or pull up the website that you want to stream video from.
- In the video playback controls, select the Screen Mirroring icon.
- Choose either your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-enabled Smart TV.
To end your streaming session, tap the Screen Mirroring icon in the video playback controls, then choose Turn Off AirPlay.
To connect your Chromebook to your Smart TV with Chromecast:
If you’d like to go wireless and connect your Chromebook to your TV without an HDMI cable, you’ll need to buy a Google Chromecast to plug into your Smart TV. We show you how to easily set it up in the Hook It Up series from Asurion’s YouTube channel:
Here’s how to connect your Chromebook to your Smart TV with Chromecast:
- Connect your Chromecast to the HDMI port on your Smart TV.
- Using your remote control, select the HDMI input that corresponds to where you plugged it in.
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer and select Cast.
- If this is your first time setting it up, follow the directions on screen to complete the device setup.
- In the lower right corner you should see “Cast devices available,” select it to see all the casting options you have available:
- Internal Display > Share allows you to mirror everything on your screen.
- Pull up Netflix in your browser and the TV show or movie you want to watch, select the Cast icon.
- For YouTube, pull up the video you’d like to watch and select Play on TV from the menu bar.
Tech is expensive. Protect it all.
Protect the devices your family loves and relies on with one simple plan that covers all your favorite home tech. With Asurion Home+, we cover your computers, TVs, tablets, premium headphones, smart devices, and so much more – plus, 24/7 assistance for your whole family with any tech need – for less than $1/day.
Learn more about Asurion Home+ coverage and how you can get peace-of-mind device protection.