- Chase Bank Fraud Phone Number
- Chase Bank Dispute Phone Number
- Chase Bank Complaints Phone Number
- Chase Bank Fax Number
- Chase Bank Dispute Phone Number Customer Service
- Chase Customer Service Number Dispute
STEP 1: When a customer disputes a charge made on their card, the bank that issued the card credits the cardholder and the payment brand credits the issuing bank. The disputed amount is temporarily deducted from your merchant account while the claim is being reviewed. Contact Information For Chase CEOs 5.22.08 2:30 PM EDT By Ben Popken credit cards customer service jamie dimon executive customer service email addresses phone numbers banks chase.
Having concerns about a merchant charge to your debit or credit card?
If you see a charge you don’t recognize and think it may be fraud, learn more here.
- Steps to Resolve Disputes
- Charge Errors vs. Fraud
Here’s a quick way to resolve your concerns:
1. Review the details of the charge
You can review transaction details on your account such as the merchant's name, phone number and your past activity with the merchant.
How to access more details about your transaction
2. Contact the merchant
Merchants can resolve charge errors within a few days, where it can sometimes take banks weeks to resolve. Keep track of the date you contact them, who you speak with, and their response. We may ask for these details if you decide to open a dispute later.
3. Still not resolved? We'll look into it
Chase Bank Fraud Phone Number
Sign in to your Chase account, find the transaction, choose the arrow and follow the instructions to start a dispute. We'll investigate on your behalf.
- Is the charge still pending? For credit card charges, please wait 1-3 business days until they post. Pending debit card charges may be disputed by calling 1-866-564-2262.
- Need more help? Watch our how-to-video for step-by-step instructions on how to submit and track the status of a dispute online.
Sign in to get started
Still have questions? See the FAQs section.
Charge Errors vs. Fraudulent Charges
Chase Bank Dispute Phone Number
A charge error is a transaction you recognize but appears to be incorrect, such as:
- A recurring transaction or trial subscription you canceled
- A product or service you never received or received late
- A one-time purchase you returned or canceled, and you still haven’t received a credit
- A charge higher than the amount on your receipt
- A product or service you received and are dissatisfied with
- Your card was charged even though you used cash or a different card
- The same card was charged more than once for the same transaction
A fraudulent charge is a transaction that wasn't made by you or anyone authorized to use your account. You have confirmed:
- This charge wasn't made by another authorized user on your account
- You haven't let anyone else use your card
- You have reviewed the transaction detail keeping in mind some merchants use a different name or address for billing purposes and still don't recognize it
If your card is lost or stolen, or you think someone used your account without permission, call us immediately at 1-866-564-2262 for debit card customers, 1-800-955-9060 for credit card customers, and 1–888–269–8690 for business credit card customers.
Chase Bank Complaints Phone Number
The fastest way may be to contact the merchant to resolve your issue.
You can learn more about disputing a transaction.
How to access more details about your transaction.
Credit card: You’ll need to wait for the credit card transaction to post before you can dispute it.
Debit card: You can call us at 1-866-564-2262 to initiate a debit card dispute for a pending transaction. You’ll need to wait for the debit card transaction to post before you can dispute it online.
Submit your dispute within 60 days of the transaction first appearing on your statement.
The time it takes to resolve your dispute depends on the type of dispute and the merchant, but it may take up to 60 days for credit card disputes and 90 days for debit card disputes. Keep in mind, disputes are often resolved more quickly if you contact the merchant first.
To cancel a dispute, call the number on the back of your card. We also accept operator relay calls. If you’re deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability, call 711 for assistance.
You should continue to make at least the minimum payment on your credit card balance. Most of the time, you won't be charged interest or any other fees for the amount in dispute. We'll remove the disputed amount from your required payment until it's resolved.
Chase Bank Fax Number
Most of the time, a provisional credit will be applied to the account while we investigate the debit card dispute. This usually occurs within 48 hours but may take up to 10 business days.
Chase Bank Dispute Phone Number Customer Service
If your card is lost or stolen, or you think someone used your account without permission, tell us immediately by calling 1-866-564-2262 for debit card customers, 1-800-955-9060 for credit card customers, and 1–888–269–8690 for business credit card customers.
Chase Customer Service Number Dispute
Only a merchant can cancel your pending transaction.