So I am trying to record my games I am playing on a program called Magic Workstation (MWS). During the game play though MWS flickers, but it only does it while I'm recording with camtasia. I didn't have the layer thing in my options menu that was suggested to use to fix the flickering mouse, so I have no idea how to fix this. Zoom not only DOES record the session, it can record each speaker in a separate audio file! Pop those into your DAW and you can fine tune any audio issues. And, worst case, Zoom can operate just from a browser - if you have a guest that does not want to download anything, or has Linux. Record your video and open it in Camtasia, making sure to put it on the timeline Move the play head forward until you find the first place you want to zoom in Select the ‘Animations' menu tab on the left Drag the corners of the ‘Zoom' control image to show only the part of the screen you want people to focus on.
Need to record a group presentation? Here are some tips to create a polished recording!
- The meeting host should think of themselves as the producer of the recording.
- There is one PowerPoint (.ppt file) that will shared by the meeting host.
Before you begin …
- IMPORTANT! The meeting host and all speakers should update their Zoom client to the latest version.
- Everyone should plan to use a headset or clip-on microphone, if possible.
- Need to borrow a headset or clip-on microphone? Contact the ITS Information Desk at [email protected], 540.458.4357 (HELP), or stop by Leyburn Library.
- Why? The kind of microphone you use will affect the other participants’ ability to hear you.
- The meeting host should check their Zoom Recording settings:
- Enable “Cloud Recording”.
- Enable “Record active speaker with shared screen”.
- Enable “Record thumbnails when sharing”.
- Enable “Optimize the recording for 3rd party video editor”.
- Click the Save button.
Five minutes before the meeting begins ….
Camtasia Zoom In While Recording Tool
- Restart your computer/laptop and close any applications you don’t need to use for the meeting itself.
- Why? Other applications have a way of intruding and asking for attention from your CPU and broadband connection.
- Set up your head set or clip-on microphone.
- Headset microphones should sit an inch or so away from your face and a few centimeters away from the corner of your lips. Clip-on microphones should sit at the upper side of the chest.
Camtasia Zoom In While Recording Windows 10
OK, it’s time!
Camtasia Studio Screen Recorder
- The host signs into Zoom with their W&L credentials (either at wlu.zoom.us or within the Zoom client) and starts the meeting.
- Do an audio/video check for each speaker, i.e. make sure everyone can start/stop their camera and mute/unmute their microphone.
- All speakers start their cameras.
- The meeting host shares screen.
- Share only the PowerPoint application, not the entire desktop.
- The meeting host spotlights speaker #1.
- All other speakers should stop their video and mute themselves.
- The meeting host turns on “Hide non-video participants“.
- The meeting host starts a cloud recording.
- When the speaker #1 is finished, the speaker #2 should start video and unmute audio. Then speaker #1 stops video and mutes audio while the meeting host spotlights speaker #2.
- Repeat for all speakers.
- Stop the cloud recording when finished!
Don’t panic if there’s a goof or mistake! After the recording has processed so you can download it, the mp4 file can be edited in Camtasia (Windows or Mac) or QuickTime (Mac). Contact the ITS Information Desk you need access to either of those applications!